Sunday 30 October 2011

Cendol and Rojak at Petaling Jaya !


If you hang around Section 17 PJ often you would have noticed a cendol and rojak van near KDU that are popular among office workers. Well I am not a big fan of rojak so I am only interested in the cendol. And if you remembered, before this I did mention about another rojak cum cendol near the Taman Bahagia LRT Station, which I thought was pretty good for me at that time. But after discovering this, I never went back to the other one.
cendol
Tastiness aside, there are a few more reasons why I like this particular cendol more. Firstly, they provide proper bowls instead of those polystyrene ones – environmental friendlier. Secondly the blades they use are sharper hence able to produce finer shaved ice – I just hate biting on those coarse ice bits. Thirdly, although the price is cheap (RM1.20 small, RM1.50 big) they don’t really stinge on the ingredients so much that you feel like you are just drinking diluted coconut milk.

section 17 cendol
This cendol stall is one of the very few that I know of that actually includes grass jelly (cincau) into the dessert. For those who have stronger appetites then you should probably get the large serving because the extra portion is very worth the additional 30 cents paid.
cendol-lorry
Getting here is simple. If you are coming from SS2, from the famous Rothman roundabout (being converted into a junction currently) exit 9 o’clock and then take the second turning on the left and you will see them. Try it for yourself to see if you agree with me that this is one of the best cendols in town.
Cendol & Rojak Mustaffa
Jalan 17/41A (off Jalan 17/21)
Section 17, Petaling Jaya
GPS Coordinates: N3 07.183 E101 37.888
Business hours: Lunch onwards until finish around 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment